East Greenland
 East Greenland

Greenland is a wonderful place. He is a huge natural world that can be felt with the five senses. The humming wind blows here and there through the snow cover. The wind from the North Pole blows on the rocky shores. “We can never control nature, we can only have it,” said Jane Peterson, a Green lander.

The Inuit tribes call Greenland Kalalit Nunat. It is the largest island in the world and 80 percent of its area is covered with ice. But there is nothing to worry about. Greenland is so large that the remaining 20 percent of its iceless land is the equivalent of Sweden, although very little of it is arable land. Let’s find out more about the strangely beautiful country.

Iceberg Ice Greenland
Iceberg Ice Greenland

Ilusat Ice-fjord Most of the tourist area goes to see. In 2004, UNESCO declared the area a World Heritage Site. The vast expanses of ice and the variety of their shapes will amaze you as well as the nature.

Whale

Whale
Whale

Guinea is at the top of the list of tourists tempted to meet whales. June-July is the best time to see the funny whales on the coast. Here’s the humback, the minke, the fin whale. However, sometimes blue whales are also seen. Also seen are nar, beluga, sperm and pilot whales. You have to have patience and peace to see this reunion of whales. But what you see will be priceless.

Uunartoq hot springs in Greenland

Uunartoq hot springs  in Greenland
Uunartoq hot springs in Greenland

You will also find warmth in cool areas like Greenland, but only on the uninhabited island of Uunartoq. Here the springs are at the right temperature for bathing. 3 naturally warm springs come together in a nice pond, where you can enjoy a bath. Although you will be surrounded by huge icebergs and nice mountain peaks. You can take a small boat trip from Ilulisat here. But there are thousands of springs all over Greenland, especially on the Disco Peninsula.

Northern Light, Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis
Aurora Borealis

The northern light is called the largest light show in the world. If you ever visit Greenland, you must not miss this wonderful natural light. But for this you have to travel in winter. There is an excellent opportunity to watch this light show from November to March. You will also see it from December to February because then the sky is clear.

Sarmarmut Eskimo Settlement 2 km away from Illulisat you will meet the indigenous people of Eskimos. Although the area is abandoned, you will find many patterns that will take you back to a traditional culture dating back 2,000 years.

Nuuk, the capital of Greenland

Nuuk, the capital of Greenland
Nuuk, the capital of Greenland

With a population of 16,000, this city is one of the major tourist attractions. Here is the Greenland National Museum. You will see various hunting materials, kayak, carving, viking. There are also mummies of 500-year-old women and children that were discovered in 1978.

Dog Sledding and Snowmobile Tours

Dog Sledding
Dog Sledding

You can experience excellent sledding and snowmobile tours in Greenland. The wildlife here is really enjoyable. In addition to reindeer, polar bears, and white-tailed eagles, there are numerous animals. Winter is the best time for dog sledding.

Thul and northwestern Guinea

In 1910, Nude Rasman and his friends explored the area and named it after the legendary island of Thul. This area is one of the tourist attractions with its captivating architecture.