North America has three large countries and a large archipelago covering most of the area. They are Canada, the United States, Mexico and Greenland. There are also seven smaller countries (collectively known as Central America), about twenty-four island nations in the Caribbean, and areas of different sizes. Although Central America and the Caribbean are part of this continent, they are generally regarded as distinct from their larger northern neighbors due to their culture and geography.
Notable destinations in North America
1. Ruins of the Mayan civilization in Tikal, Guatemala
2. Banff National Park
3. Canada’s first and one of the largest national parks.
4. Chichen Itza – Archaeological city of the largest pre-Columbian Maya civilization on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico.
5. Corcovado National Park – Costa Rica’s biologically sensitive national park.
6. Grand Canyon – A vast valley in Arizona that has been formed for millions of years.
7. Niagara Falls – Three waterfalls on the US-Canada border.
8 Teotihuacan – ‘City of God’, here are some of the largest ancient pyramids.
9. Tikal – an archeological site in Guatemala, one of the largest and most important ancient Maya cities.
10. Walt Disney World – Disney theme park in Orlando, Florida.
11. Yellowstone National Park – The world’s first national park.